Friday, October 15, 2010

THE Resolution

I have never thought of myself as a cook.  You have to like cooking in order to be a cook right?  And cooking was not something that I liked.  I'm more of a professional eater than a cooker.  I want to like cooking because I love eating and they kind of go together, but I decided that liking to cook wasn't going to just come naturally.  So I decided that in order to help me enjoy cooking, and to help me feel more confident in doing it, I would make a goal to stretch me and help me learn better how.  In the beginning... of the year 2010... I made a New Year's Resolution to try a new recipe every week.  My definition of resolution: commitment that an individual makes... and continues to strive at no matter how imperfect it is going for her.  So needless to say, so far I haven't been perfect at it, but it has been fun to try new thing and learn how to cook with ingredients that I had never used before.

In order to keep track of all the recipes I had tried, and to keep track of the weeks that I cooked, I began to blog everything on my personal blog.  However, I have since decided that it is better for me to dedicate a whole specific blog to my resolutions.  Therefore... I hereby dedicate this blog to the resolution. My Resolution. More specifically My Recipe Resolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment